CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Do you role your own?


I scoured my brain and then, convinced that I must have missed evidence of creative role play in my classroom, I scoured last year's plan book...

no dice.


Um...does Reader's Theater count? What about cooperative group work with specifically-designated roles that adheres to the tenets of PIGS face?


No?
Didn't think so.

Right.

I do, however, understand the depth of learning that occurs when we dynamically contextualize experiences in the first person, as opposed to statically judging and observing them in the third. The trouble is, I am still at a loss as to how I can use online role play fluidly with my second graders. I'm wide open for suggestions, if anyone's in a mentally-gifty mood.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Maria-
    I felt the same way when thinking about it with my class. I don't know that I've ever used role play in my class either. And the thought of using it online with my kids...well, let's just say I'm a little leary of going online in any way other than for math games! I too would be curious if others have thoughts and ideas about this! Let me know what you find out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kim-

    I think the Ning is a great resource, but - and perhaps I'm mildly cynical due to residual flu fatigue - not for the little ones. More and more, I feel as though our piece of the digital literacy puzzle is both crucially important and seriously undelineated. I want to give the kids building blocks so that they are prepared for future endeavors, but I'm not sure where to find the specific resources I need. Are they out there? They must be...

    Maria

    ReplyDelete