It's in me. I have the sickness...some sort of LOST-type illness, but (hopefully) less communicable. No, I'm not referring to InfluenzaA-H1N1-SwineFlu. Noooo, I mean the icky lurksabout illness that I cannot seem to shake.
Honestly, I trust my Ningmates absolutely, but cyber-social anxiety disorder is hard to shake. I can honestly say that I read every forum (up until 5 minutes ago), every article that someone mentioned, and even peoples' posts on each others' pages. However, when it came time to engage in a meaningful, no...um...confrontational way, well...I just couldn't. I wish I were as bold as Zax Outback and Ursula Trustworthy who went toe-to-toe in the equal access forum. (Zach and Kelsey (Is that you?), you're my solid-spined heroes.)
Instead, I cordially added to discussions, and ended each post with "Cheers", which is *sadly* something I learned from my endless hours transcribing microtapes for Bill Drayton, neo-luddite founder of Ashoka. (Hah! If he could see me now!)
Sooooo, if I had it all to do over again (insert dreamy montage here), I'd channel my inner biznatch and go for broke. I'd repeat the forum perusal, and read all of the articles (People found some really interesting stuff!), except this time I'd be more of a factor in the discussions.
Woulda, shoulda, coulda....didna.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago


right there with you on that Maria...I lurked a lot :)
ReplyDeleteOink.
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately, that Ursula Trustworthy wasn't me. I'm much more combative and argumentative in real life than I am online.